History of Embrace
In 2006, Embrace sold its first policy. Since then, Embrace has grown to over 100,000 insured pets and paid out more than $87.4 million in claims.
Some interesting background facts on Embrace:
- Embrace provides plans for insurance giants Allstate and Geico.
- Embrace is the only pet insurance company that offers wellness plan with no restriction on how much you can spend for a specific routine procedure
- Embrace offers an informative blog called The Water Bowl.
So Why Choose Embrace?
Here are Embrace’s strength:
- Offers exam fee coverage
- Offers diminishing deductible (for each year without a claim they subtract $50.00 for you deductible)
- Offers short waiting periods (2 days for accidents, 14 days for illness)
- No annual exam requirements
- Offers behavioral therapy coverage
- Offers optional precertification
- Offers dental Illness coverage
- Offers the most flexible wellness options ($250, $450, or $650), no spending restrictions.
- Offers multiple pet discount (depends on state)
- Offers a 5% discount if you pay using bank account (depends on state)
- Excellent customer satisfaction reviews with petinsurance review(9.3/10), and consumers advocate (8.8/10).
Although nice to have, Embrace does not offer:
- Does not offer unlimited payout coverage, maxed out at $15,000/yr.
- Does not offer prescription medications inclusively, optional coverage
- Does not offer a phone app
- Does not offer 24/7 customer service, closed Sundays
- Does not offer 24/7 approvals, but offer pre-certification
- Does not cover prescription food with major medical plan(only for Wellness Rewards)
- Does not cover veterinary supplements with major medical plan
- Does not cover second injured knee if the first knee received treatment prior to policy enrollment
- Monthly rates are higher than most insurers
A Quick Overview on Embrace:
Embrace is ideal for pet owner’s seeking high customer service, and in need of a major medical plan with a flexible wellness option. While most pet insurance wellness options have spending limits per routine procedure, Embrace is the only pet insurance which allows the pet owner to freely choose how each routine procedure should be spent. Furthermore, Embrace customer service is excellent. We called customer service at different times, and each customer service was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. However, it is important to note that while Embrace’s maximum yearly coverage is $15,000.00, and may be enough in most states, if you live in a big city or area where veterinary cost is higher than average, coverage may max out, and the remaining balance will be your responsibility. So if you are looking for a major medical plan ,with $15,000 being the maximum yearly coverage, a flexible spending wellness option, and excellent service, click on Get Your Free Quote below, and see if Embrace Plans and Prices will work for you.