History on Figo
Figo offers customizable coverage built for millennial pet parents. Pick from one of their three comprehensive plans, then add powerups like Wellness, Veterinary Exam Fee Coverage, or the Extra Care Pack. They’re the only pet insurance company to offer up to 100% reimbursement, so big vet bills won’t break the bank.
Figo customers have exclusive access to the Figo Pet Cloud app, including features like a 24/7 Virtual Vet and easy mobile claim filing. No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions, but Figo is the only one who will help you identify those conditions at the start of your policy. If you don’t think you’ll get value out of pet insurance after your initial review, just cancel within 30 days of signing up to get your money back.
Here are some interesting background facts on Figo:
Number 1 rated pet insurance by Reviews.com in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The following are Figo’s strengths:
- Offers optional wellness coverage
- Figo now offers a diminishing deductible (For each year that a customer is claim free, their annual deductible will be reduced by $50 upon policy renewal until it results in a $0 deductible.)
- Offers vet exam coverage
- Copay & deductible waived for emergency life-saving treatment (in the case of an accident, not illness)
- No lifetime limits
- Offers preapproval of estimates in advance of treatment
- Figo’s pet cloud app has versatile capabilities
- Figo is the only pet insurance to offer up to 100 percent reimbursement coverage (most states)
- Flexible deductible options from 100 to 750, then 750 to 1500(for older pets in some states)
- Offers flexible customer service options: Email, live chat, twitter, text, and phone call
- Offers a multiple pet discount (10%)
- Claims are now closed in an average of 3 days (2 if we already have the medical records) with 50% being closed in the first 24 hours
- 50% of claims are closed in 24 hours
- Excellent customer satisfaction reviews with trustpilot (9.2/10)
Although nice to have, Figo does not offer/or required to do the following:
- The 6-month waiting period is not only limited to knees. We have a 6-month waiting period for both hip dysplasia and orthopedic conditions. Both have the ability to be waived if exam/waiver form is completed by a veterinarian within the first 30 days of the policy and there are no pre-ex issues.)
- No veterinary supplement coverage
- No 24/7 customer service but text support available on Sundays
- Policyholders are charged a $15 admin fee
- Policyholders are charged a $2 transaction fee on credit cards only
- Prescription food is only covered if exam fee option is selected upon purchase (up to $250 a year max)
A Quick Overview on Figo:
Among the leading pet insurance companies, Figo offers the most convenience for their customers. This convenience enhances the customer experience. There are several reasons supporting this. First, while most pet insurance companies max out at 90 percent, Figo is the only pet insurance to offer up to 100% reimbursement (available in most states). Figo is also one of few companies to cover holistic treatments, such as accunpuncture. Figo offers its customers a versatile mobile app, such as a 24/7 video chat with a live veterinarian, and ability to easily file claims. Finally, Figo offers the most customer service options – you can email, make a phone call, live chat, facebook message, and even text the customer service department.
So If you are looking for a pet insurance plan that provides value coverage with three flexible plans to choose from with the option for wellness coverage, and all the convenient perks that comes its way, click on Get A Quote below to see if Figo’s plans will work for you and your pet.