History of Healthy Paws
The story goes like this: Rob Jackson and Steve Siadek, both corporate executives in their respective fields met at a local no kill shelter, and became friends. They had a common passion in helping pet owners afford veterinary care, and to help pets in need. They put their entrpreneurial minds togethor and in 2008, Rob and Steve co-founded Healthy Paws. Today, Healthy Paws is partnered with Aon Corporation, the world’s largest insurance broker, and plans are underwritten by the Chubb Group, an A plus rated insurer, with over 25 billion surplus. In additon, Healthy Paws is now one of the top companies for customer service and affordable monthly rates. In fact, Healthy Paw boasts the highest customer satisfaction ratings among its competitors.
Here are some interesting background facts on Healthy Paws:
- The founders of Healthy paws developed the Every Quote Give Hope grant program that donates funding to animals in need. All you have to do is get a free quote from their website.
- Healthy Paws is the first pet insurance company do away with paper forms, and offer an app to submit and track claims.
- The company full name is, Healthy Paws Pet Insurance and Foundation. So when buy a policy from Healthy Paws, you are also donating to their foundation, which awards grants to non-profit rescue organizations and shelters.
Here are Healthy Paws strengths:
- #1 customer-rated pet insurance across several review sites, including highest rates of satisfaction on Trust Pilot (9.6/10), Consumers advocate (9.8/10), and Yelp (4 stars)
- Offers one simple plan with no maximum limits; no per-incident, annual or lifetime caps on claim payouts
- Excellent customer service without long hold times
- Offers flexible deductible and reimbursement options
- Reimbursement based on the actual vet bill, as opposed to benefit schedules
- Has an A+ rated underwriter
- Offers a simple and easy to use mobile app for claims processing
- Offers affordable monthly premiums
- 95% of claims paid within 3-5 days
Although great to have, Healthy Paws does not offer the following:
- No vet exam coverage
- No wellness or preventative care coverage
- No prescription food coverage
- No behavioral therapy coverage
- No dental disease coverage
- No flexible coverage for pets aged 8 and older. Limited to $750 deductible/60% coverage
- No 24/7 customer service (however available 7 days a week during regular business hours)
- No hip dysplasia coverage for pets enrolled at age 6 years and older
- Longer waiting period for hips dysplasia coverage (Healthy Paws wait period is 12 months)
- Longer waiting period for accidents (Healthy Paws is 15 days)
A Quick Overview on Healthy Paws:
Although Healthy Paws has some exclusions as noted above, they do boast the highest ratings for customer satisfaction and reviews. In addition, Healthy Paws fits the formula of what the pet parent is looking for today, which is a simple plan with no payout caps, a mobile app allowing paperless claims, and affordable monthly premiums. Furthermore, 95% of claims are settled and paid out within 3-5 days.
It is important to note that while most pet insurance companies can cover hips dysplasia for newly enrolled senior aged pets, Healthy Paws does not provide coverage for hips dysplasia for newly enrolled pets aged 6 and above. Therefore to get favorable coverage with Healthy Paws, it is best to enroll pets when they are aged 6 and under.
So if you are looking for a pet insurance company with an unlimited payout plan, affordable monthly premiums, and a pet insurance company with consistent high customer satisfaction reviews, go click Get My Quote from banner link above, and check if Healthy Paws plans and prices would be a great fit for you and your pet.